The classic 1905 Marston House was built for noted civic leader and merchant, George W. Marston, known as the “Father of Balboa Park,” and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Designed by renowned local architects William Hebbard and Irving Gill, it sits on five acres of landscaped English and California influenced gardens. Multiple walking tours of surrounding historic neighborhoods start from this location as well. Group tours are especially popular and it is one of the top wedding sites in the region. The museum’s gift shop located in the 1905 carriage house is known as one of the best in the city, offering visitors a distinctive mix of attractive, history and architectural based books and gift items, along with Arts & Crafts decorative arts items.
Save Our Heritage Organisation, SOHO, manages nationally famous Arts & Crafts-era Marston House Museum.