Martin Johnson House
Make Yourself at Home in La Jolla’s Most Charming Oceanfront Venue
The Martin Johnson House is a historic oceanfront cottage nestled under lush cypress trees with breathtaking views of the Pacific coastline.
Built in 1916, the rustic cottage was one of the earliest additions to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography campus. Once used as a home for Scripps professors and their families, the refurbished cottage and grounds now offer a charming coastal setting ideal for social events ranging from business meetings to wedding receptions.
- Corporate Events
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Private Parties
- Small kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, counters, and microwave; partitioned off from main space
- Two ADA-equipped unisex bathrooms with outdoor entrances
- Sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, La Jolla Cove, and Scripps Pier
- Two large, multi-level teak decks with electrical outlets for music and lighting
- Small surrounding grassy areas with bench seating
- Shade from tall cypress trees